How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send via our dedicated email address; firstname.lastname@example.org. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Home Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and organising activity programmes for residents, in accordance with their assessed needs and wishes as recorded in their personal care plans. The goal will be to offer a raft of activities to residents, that reflects their individual and interests, and create a stimulating activity programme to enhance the quality of life for each resident within the home.
• Help to assess and collate residents’ interests and preferences in association with other care staff members, ensuring all individual preferences are documented in appropriate care plan records.
• To organise, and be involved in activities that involve community visits outside the home.
• To co-ordinate the availability of transport for residents for such visits.
• Investigate, develop and extend the range of activities and interests that the home can offer.
• Maintain and develop the homes’ ‘information bank’ about community and other resources that residents might be able to use in the pursuit of their interest.
• Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
• Support and develop residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
• Plan and organise programmes of individual and group activities in response to the identified wants and needs.
• Be responsible for the appropriate use of the home’s activities programme budget.
• To ensure the provision of specialist media for residents with special needs ( news tapes, book tapes, large letter books and Braille, as required).
• To communicate and liaise with relatives and friends of residents as needed.
• To plan an advanced social events programme, ensure all residents and staff are given a copy. Ensure all daily activities listed are happening and recorded in the activity diary.
• Review and evaluate the activities programme so that it is kept up to date and fit for purpose.
• Attend meetings and training courses, as directed by the Manager.
• Empathetic and passionate about delivering an excellent service
• Excellent team-working skills
• You must be calm, flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and priorities
• You will need to be creative, inspiring, and organised
• Experience within a similar role and environment would be preferable
• Flexible to provide personal support when required
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on