How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
Reporting into the Team Leader/Home Manager, the successfully candidate will be responsible for meeting the personal care needs of the Residents in a way that respects their dignity as an individual and promotes and encourages independence. You will be directly involved in the care of the Residents physical environment and the general day-to-day activities of the home. With others, you will be expected to ensure at all times that the home operations are being applied. Importantly, you are expected to be proactively involved in creating a warm, friendly atmosphere and maintaining good relations between Residents, relatives, visiting professionals and staff and to adopt a totally flexible approach and attitude to the challenges of the role.
• To assist in preparing residents for bed, as required.
• To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
• To receive and act upon instructions from Senior Care Staff regarding specific tasks to be carried out during the night.
• To carry out regular checks on residents throughout the night, according to set intervals by Senior Care and with due regard to residents’ individual wishes.
• To answer promptly all nurse alarm calls, assessing each situation and dealing with any resident who is seeking help. In cases of emergency to summon duty Senior Care Staff and if necessary to call the emergency GP and/or summon an ambulance.
• To assist residents who need help or reassurance, providing light drinks or refreshments where required.
• To carry our regular checks on the building, with particular reference to fire prevention and external security (all windows and external doors secured etc.).
• To iron laundered garments and linen, mending/darning where practical.
• To ensure that all breakfast trays are prepared for those residents requiring them.
• To awaken residents in the morning at their requested times, as appropriate. To assist residents to rise, wash and dress and proceed to the dining room. To assist with distributing breakfast trays as needed.
• To read and write reports and care plans and to participate in staff and residents’ meetings and reviews as appropriate.
• Caring and Patience
• Sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents
• Good communication skills
• Be physically fit, equal to the demands of the work
• Possess the essential ability to work well with others as part of a team
• Willing to work irregular hours
• Commitment to the rights of elderly and disabled people to live dignified lives
• Flexibility in your working patterns by being able to carry out rostered shift work, which includes weekends and in emergency situations (i.e. holidays/sickness) additional duties/ day duty
• Maintain the highest standard in your personal conduct, presentation and hygiene
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on