How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose off role:
The Home Manager role is a challenging but rewarding role, reporting to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects in the day-to-day running of the Care Home on behalf of the registered provider. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to residents, checking legal requirements are met along with the high levels expected within the care home.
• To manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team, the premises of the Care Home and financial matters.
• Ensure the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the residents are recognised, assessed and met where possible. This will involve ensuring there are regular planned reviews, assessments and formulation of care plans for all residents in liaison with other professional workers.
• Manage the homes budget and resources in accordance with the established systems and procedures.
• To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all drugs and medicines in line with documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records.
• Negotiate appropriate fees with purchasing authorities or residents or their families as appropriate.
• Provide all residents with written terms and conditions of residence and to make sure that they understand them.
• Make adequate arrangements for the introduction and reception of new residents.
• Investigate complaints and take appropriate action.
• Ability to lead and motivate staff and address any underperforming staff.
• Commitment to promoting and developing the highest quality personal care for the homes residents.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines.
• Able to communicate and listen efficiently.
• Ability to work with other health/care professionals.
• Knowledge of local and national codes of practice relating to care for older people.
• Ability to resolve problems.
• Good planning and organisational skills.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on