How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Home Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for an efficient and effective housekeeping service that fully meets the needs of the residents, along with the high standards expected in the care home. Leading and supervising the domestic team to ensure that the Home is cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
• To allocate a cleaning programme for each domestic employee and to monitor the quality and thoroughness of their work to ensure the Home is clean and odour free and rooms are prepared to a high standard for all new admissions.
• To be part of the cleaning rota and to share int eh cleaning duties and in accordance with laid down cleaning procedures.
• To ensure safe operation and maintenance, as needed, of all cleaning equipment. To remove from use and to report to the Manager any item of equipment found to be faulty or deemed unsafe.
• To control the purchase of cleaning materials and to minimise wastage.
• To clean sanitary and other equipment, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation.
• To deal with waste bags and their prescribed disposal using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to all appropriate times.
• To carry out a brief check of possible safety hazards when cleaning residents' rooms, and to report any possible hazards to the Manager.
• Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and serviced. Implement correct procedures for reporting and repair of defective equipment.
• To undertake other duties, as may be necessary from time-to-time.
• Trustworthy and able to deal confidentially with Residents and business information.
• Ability to organise personal workload to meet deadlines and work well without supervision.
• Ability to ensure the cleanliness of the Home, equipment and environment in accordance with the Companies standards.
• Must be physically fit and able to cope with the demands of the post.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in order to interact with residents and staff.
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on