How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Home Manager and Facilities Manager/Directors. The role is to provide efficient and effective practices/procedures to ensure the general appearance and services of the buildings. This includes the surrounding areas are maintained to a high standard, which will contribute to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to all who use the building.
• Maintaining the standard of painting and decorating throughout the interior and exterior of the building. This includes the redecoration of bedrooms and living accomodation as and when required.
• To clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required.
• To ensure that external gullies, drains etc are kept free from debris and that the building and grounds are litter free.
• To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the building, particularly in adverse weather conditions (clearing snow, gritting).
• To become familiar with the heating and electrical plant and services to ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated. To make adjustments as necessary and report defects and malfunctions to the Manager.
• To maintain appropriate records including water hygiene, Asbestos, PAT testing, health & safety and general facilities. This includes carrying out monthly electric, gas and water meter readings.
• To undertake minor repairs relating to plumbing and electrical issues, for example a leaking tap or broken electrical socket face plate.
• Undertake other duties as and when required/directed to do so within the scope of your experience, training and ability.
• Ability to communicate well and to work happily, effectively and professionally.
• Ability to be self-motivated and prioritise workload.
• Must have some knowledge of plumbing.
• Must have some knowledge of carpentry/joinery.
• Must have basic knowledge of household electrical appliances/fittings.
• Must have a good knowledge of painting and decorating.
• Must be capable of using basic power and hand tools.
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on