How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send via our dedicated email address; firstname.lastname@example.org. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of the position:
Reporting into the Housekeeper/Home Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all areas of the home are clean, tidy and presentable at all times, creating a positive and safe environment for the residents, families and staff. To keep a high standard of appearance to contribute to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to each resident. This is particularly applicable to each resident privacy and dignity and in respect of each residents personal possessions.
• To assist in preparing residents for bed, as required.
• To clean all parts of the home as directed and in accordance with laid down cleaning procedures.
• To be aware of the Health and Safety and COSHH statement.
• To clean sanitary and other equipment, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation.
• To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures. To remove from use and to report to the Manager any item of equipment found to be faulty or deemed unsafe.
• Undertake other duties, as and when required to do so within the scope of your experience, training and ability.
• To carry out a brief check of possible safety hazards when cleaning residents rooms, and to report any possible hazards to the Manager. Help to assess and collate residents’ interests and preferences in association with other care staff members, ensuring all individual preferences are documented in appropriate care plan records.
Ability to communicate well and to work happily, effectively and professionally as part of a team dedicated to the happiness and health of our residents.
Ability to clean up and dispose of bodily fluids and matter.
Must be physically fit and able to cope with the demands of the post.
Flexible to cover shifts when required - Our homes operate 7 days per week, 365 days per year
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.