How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in, as well as where you have seen the vacancy advertised. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
As a registered Nurse at St Catherines, you will deliver high quality holistic care to people with a varied range of physical and mental health needs. Within this role, effective leadership of the team and supervision is required, along with clear documentation to promote and deliver person centred care.
• To support the Manager in all aspects of the Homes management, including taking temporary charge during the absence of the Manager and Deputy
• To act as a nurse in charge, ensuring high standards of nursing care to residents
• Be responsible for high standards of nursing care by undertaking accurate assessments and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of care plans, together with appropriate handover and to ensure all residents needs are continuously met.
• To be responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed during the period of duty and residents receive the required care.
• To undertake nursing tasks, including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
• To provide staff support, demonstration and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff, ensuring all tasks are completed to the desired standard.
• To liaise with health and social care professionals.
• To advise GPs and families of residents where there is a change of condition, which gives rise for concern and keep them informed and involved in choices for ongoing care.
• To practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of residents, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
• To understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act, The Fire Safety and evacuation procedures and Food Hygiene. Demonstrate a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area.
• To act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident
• To ensure that all matters relating to employees i.e. company finance, company paperwork, personal matters etc. are kept strictly confidential at all time.
• To monitor all residents nutritional and dietary requirements.
• To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storing, issue, administration and disposal of all drugs and medicines in line with documented procedures, and to maintain all records.
• To receive, log and monitor all monies received from residents, relatives and staff.
• Act at all times in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct
• Undertake other duties, as and when required to do so within the scope of your experience, training and ability.
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to prioritise and organise
• Effective communicator
• Read and understand English language
• Professional appearance
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Understanding of confidentiality
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.