How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in, as well as where you have seen the vacancy advertised. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
Reporting into the Home Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for professionally leading a care team to ensure the delivery of a safe, effective and efficient care service, which exceeds the needs of residents and their families. To provide care to residents in accordance with their assessed needs and to work with the Home Manager to ensure that systems and standards are maintained at a high quality level.
- To read and write reports/care plans and participate in resident's meetings and reviews as appropriate. Ensuring that appropriate, individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the care plans
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations.
- To monitor the performance of care staff, ensuring that all tasks are completed to the desired standards contributing to the effective running of the home and the creation of the right atmosphere.
- Helping residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence, helping with the use of disability aids and personal equipment.
- To assist in the administration, control, storage, rotation and disposal of drugs and medicines.
- Promotion of mental and physical activity of residents. Help organise social activities, and to accompany residents on community visits when required and as duty rotas permit.
- Good level of reading and writing skills
- Must be phyically fit and able to cope with the demands of the post
- Provide emotional support to staff when the need arises
- Care for the terminally ill, which by nature of the work, calls for emotional and physical demands outside the ordinary
- You may be asked to work night duty in an emergency situation when there is minimum cover available
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.