How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send via our dedicated email address; email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in, as well as where you have seen the vacancy advertised. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Home Manager, the successful candidate will be support the Registered Manager in the day to day management, operation and administration of the Home, including taking temporary complete charge during the absence of the Manager. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to residents, checking legal requirements are met along with the high levels expected within the care home.
• Take responsibility for the running of the home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
• Assist the Registered Manager to produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality care provided by the home.
• To maintain account ledgers, cash books and documentation as required in law.
• To receive, log and monitor all monies recieved from residents, relatives and staff.
• Support the Registered Manager in his or her duties to ensure the home complies with all health and safety requirements, including the fire safety regulations and procedures.
• To assist the manager in the selection and recruitment of staff and to assist in the preparation of duty rotas as needed.
• Promote a culture of equality and diversity among residents, staff and visitors.
• Participate in staff training and development to ensure that job description requirements can be adequately fulfilled.
• To ensure the involved commitment, motivation and flexibility of staff through proper organisation, leadership, job deployment and appropriate skill mix.
• To conduct staff meetings and to ensure that the minutes of such meetings are communicated to all staff.
• To assist in staff supervision and appraisal sessions at the specified intervals.
• To ensure each resident is assessed for need and has a formally developed care plan, ensuring the involvement of the resident and his/her family or relatives, as required. To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the care plans.
• To ensure that care plans are monitored and reviewed at regular intervals.
• To supervise all aspects of catering in the home to ensure that required standards of food hygiene are achieved. To assist in the planning of menus, in particular ensuring that any special dietary requirements are met.
To ensure all duties undertaken by reporting staff are performed to required standards, and that all such staff contribute to providing a happy, efficient and homely atmosphere within the Home.
To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all drugs and medicines in line with documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records.
To participate in the development of social activities for residents.
To assist the manager in resolving and handling any complaints recieved from residents, relatives or staff as appropriate.
To keep abreast of all new legislation and regulations relating to health and safety, C.O.S.H.H., fire prevention and Local Authority mandates, and to ensure effective communication of the same to staff. To amend policies and procedures and/or to produce new documents as needed.
Help to maintain the standards set for the appearance and upkeep of the premises, indoors and outdoors.
Manage, as required, any planned maintenance programmes.
To ensure that all matters relating to residents i.e. finances, health, personal matters etc. are kept strictly confidential at all times.
To ensure that all matters relatiing to employees i.e. company finance, company paperwork, personal matters etc. are kept stictly confidential at all times.
To attend (as instructed by an Area Manager/Director)Home Association and Council Proprietors meetings.
To undertake other duties, as necessary.
• Possesses honesty and integrity
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Good team player
• Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to deal with conflict and resolve issues between people
• Leadership and management skills (communication, planning, organising, motivating staff)
Knowledge of the Care Standards within a residential setting and the policies and procedures that are required to manage within such an environment.
General knowledge of health and safety requirements for a residential service.
Up to date training in all statutory training courses.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Good planning and organising skills
Actively promotes equal opportunities and accepts diversity
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on