How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in, as well as where you have seen the vacancy advertised. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Housekeeper/Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that laundry equipment and facilities are clean, tidy and in working order. They must ensure that laundry is dealt with professionally showing care and attention to both resident and company items.
• To manage the laundry procedures, preventing unnecessary build up.
• To ensure the correct use of laundry bags with particular regard to soiled and infectious linen according to the companies laid down procedures ‘infection control’.
• To sort all garments, fabrics and linens for separate washing cycles.
• To machine wash according to machine manufacturer’s instructions and to dry clothes, ironing where required. Where necessary to hand wash items
• To identify and reserve any items requiring mending and to report this to care staff.
• To fold and sort clothing in their appropriate baskets and return garments to residents.
• To return items of bedding and linen to the linen store where required.
• To ensure a regular supply of detergent and fabric conditioner.
• To be responsible for the maintenance of the laundry equipment and the daily de-fluffing of the dryers, reporting any defects to the Manager.
• To keep the laundry room and store in a clean and hygienic condition.
• To be conversant with firefighting equipment and fire evacuation procedures.
• To ensure that all matters relating to residents i.e. finances, health, personal matters etc. are kept strictly confidential at all times.
• To ensure that all matters relating to employees i.e. company finance, company paperwork, personal matters etc. are kept strictly confidential at all times.
• Attend meeting and training courses as required by the Manager/Housekeeper.
• Notify the home manager, or the person in charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
• Undertake other duties, as and when required to do so within the scope of your experience, training and ability.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to prioritise and organise.
• Effective communicator.
• Read and understand English language.
• Professional appearance.
• Reliable and trustworthy.
• Understanding of confidentiality.
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on