How to apply:
Applying couldn't be easier. Simply click on the apply button in the blue box above, and it will automatically launch a new email in your email browser or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com. For both options, please add the job title and reference number from above so we know which job that you are interested in, as well as where you have seen the vacancy advertised. Attach your CV, and tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you feel you'd be the ideal candidate. Good luck!
Purpose of role:
Reporting into the Home Manager, the successful candidate will provide support in all aspects of the homes management, including taking temporary complete charge during the absence of the Manager and Deputy. You will act as nurse in charge ensuring high standards of nursing care to residents by harnessing the full commitment and effort of the care team and the application of correct nursing and care procedures.
• To be responsible for high standards of nursing care by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of care plans, together with appropriate handover and ensure all residents needs are continuously met.
• To undertake nursing tasks including distributing of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
• To liaise with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual residents to maintain a holistic approach to their care.
• To advise GP's and families of residents where there is a change of condition, which gives rise for concern and keeps them informed and involved in choices for ongoing care.
• To practise safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of residents, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
• To be responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed during the period of duty and residents receive.
• RGN qualification or equivalent.
• Practical nursing experience.
• Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group.
• Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
• Excellent organisation and leadership skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Flexible, professional and committed to being the best.
• Quality driven with a desire to continually improve yourself and our services.
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
To talk to the careers team about the role, or
for help with your application, call us now on