Welcome to our careers pageTo help those who may be considering a career in care, we’ve created this section. Full of super useful info that should give you everything you need to help you make an informed decision and to give you the best possible chance if you decide to apply for any of our current or future positions.
Take a glance through and if it sounds like you'll be the perfect fit, then go for it.
FIRST OF ALL, WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our family run business operates a little differently to a lot of other businesses.
We don’t hire robots. We hire people. Everyone is different, and we love that. Our ethos is as much to do with personality as it is about qualifications. We need people to fit in and be part of the team, part of the family.
Most companies operate under the premise that employees should be replaceable like parts of an assembly line.
Here at Wellburn, we choose our people more carefully. We bring them in, because we think they’ll be a good fit. We carefully select people with qualities and values that match our own.
When we welcome a new member to the team, we expect them to take responsibility for their own standards and those around them. Team and individual excellence has and will continue to be the cornerstone of our success.
Often, it’s said that the devil is in the detail. For any new recruits, this means placing value on the small things too, things that cost nothing more than their time. Putting other people first, taking time out to listen, supporting people around them, learning from their mistakes, smiling and making people around them smile. Little steps that will help us maintain a loving, compassionate, honest, transparent and fair environment for all.
IT'S ALSO IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND OUR MISSION
That all new recruits, care for our residents, like they would care for their own family and loved ones. Rather than seeing their move into care as the last leg, we see it as another chapter in each and every one of our residents extraordinary lives. And it's our mission to create a safe haven for us all to celebrate their wonderful lives.
To tirelessly strive to make our environment warm, friendly and compassionate. To hold our residents and our colleagues in equally high regard. To care for one another, to show respect and dignity to all. At all times.
All new recruits receive a welcome pack, crammed full of hints and tips, which go way beyond any standard corporate messaging. We genuinely leave no stone unturned when helping them to fit into their new role and environment.
Humans are not perfect:
Don’t be afraid to fail, and be brave enough to take responsibility. This is how we grow and learn.
Humans have voices:
Yours is as valuable as anyone else’s. Use it. Singing out loud is encouraged and it happens often.
Humans are unique:
We all have different personalities, different passions. There’s no need to hide it. Be yourself. That’s how you’ll fit in here.
When it comes to our staff and the high regard we hold them in, the salaries we pay our staff are something we're hugely proud of. Without our staff and the amazing dedication they show day in, day out, all of what we achieve simply wouldn't be possible. To reflect this, on salaries alone, we're without doubt one of the most competitive care sector employees in the region.
We have a vast array of job opportunities here at Wellburn, but if your interest is in hands-on care work, we've put together some information to allow you to understand what's involved in some of our key roles. Click here to find out more.
In addition to offering you a rewarding role with opportunity for progression Wellburn Care also offers the following:
Extensive training in all aspects of a role such as person-centred care, moving and handling, life support and first aid, medication awareness, safeguarding
Opportunity to train for an NVQ related to the role (e.g Health & Social Care, Team Management, Support Services, Leadership & Management)
PAID DBS CHECK
Our monthly award, gives each of our 14 Home Managers the opportunity to recognise a member of their staff for going above and beyond.
Each month we hold a birthday raffle where any employee with a birthday in that month can win an extra day’s annual leave to take on (or near to) their birthday.
But don't take our word for it. Watch the video below to hear it straight from the people that matter - our staff. You can find more staff videos at our YouTube channel. Click here to visit. We also have staff videos for all of our key roles too, over on our key roles page within the careers section. To view those click here.
You've read this far, so some or all of what you've read must be resonating. If so, you sound like just the person we're looking for. Even better news, applying couldn't be easier. You could be 3 steps away from a new career journey with us:
The key to a great CV:
This is the first piece of information we’ll see about you, so highlight your achievements. Here’s how to frame them:
- Align your skills and experience with the job description.
- Be specific about projects you’ve worked on or managed. What was the outcome? How did you measure success?
- If you've had a leadership role, tell us about it. How big was the team? What was the scope of your work?
- If you're a recent university graduate or have limited work experience, include school-related projects or experience that demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
- Keep it short: If there’s additional information we need, we'll let you know.
The singular most important tip we can give you, is just to be yourself. We celebrate individuality and diversity, so pretending to be someone else won't help you, or us. Be open, honest and true to your own ambitions and values. If it's meant to be, it'll all just fall into place.
Throughout the interview process, always feel free to ask us for clarification to make sure you fully understand our questions. Feel free to interview us, too. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the work, about the team, about the culture. We'll love that you're so inquisitive and passionate and it'll also help you decide whether the job will be right for you too.
And here's some practical advice for the actual interview:
- We all know that you can anticipate most general interview questions. Most will be things like, ”Why do you want this job?” The easy way to do it, is write down some of the more obvious questions you think you'll get. That way, you can at least prepare some of your answers.
- For every question on your list, write down your answer. That will help them stick in your brain, which is important because you want your answers to be automatic.
- Many of the questions will be deliberately open-ended to provide us with insight into your values and personality. We'll have assumed that you've done some preliminary research into us, so you'll know our values. We don't expect all of yours to align perfectly with ours, but the more you demonstrate key attributes, such as compassion, communication and initiative, the better your chances will be.
- Everyone gets better with practice, so practice your interview answers by yourself, or better still, with a friend or loved one. That way you'll get used to talking and sharing your thoughts more clearly and concisely.
Once your interview is over, we'll take some time to consider your application, along with other applications. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with either a conditional offer or, depending on the role, a request for a second interview. If we feel the job your applying for isn't quite the right fit, we may offer you an alternative or place your CV on file for another more suitable role in the future.
Whatever happens, we'll always get back to you as soon as we can.